The future is here and his name is Robi! He walks, talks and almost looks just like a mini person. Say hello to Robi, a cutest companion robot available.
Designed by Tomotaka Takahashi, Robi has around 20 motorized joints and stands at a very sweet 34cm (13.4″) in height and as Tomotaka says you can “put him in your pocket and talk to him like your own Jiminy Cricket,”.
Incorporating cutting-edge robotics technology from Japan, Robi has become the bestselling humanoid robot worldwide. He can communicate with users, talk, sing, dance and control selected household appliances and act as a TV remote control, changing channels for you via his internal module. Even expressing emotion through the colour of his eyes.
He has an extensive vocabulary of more than 250 phrases (Japanese only) and he responds to humans using the sensors in his eyes, providing a deep level of interaction between humans and robots.
No programming is required to the pre-assembled Robi, meaning he is the ideal companion for people who aren’t total tech experts but still love robots.
- Dimensions: Height: 34 x 16 x 12cm (13.4 x 6.3 x 4.7″) – Weight: Approx. 1kg (2.2 lb) (inc. battery)
- Light-up LEDs: Built-in LEDs allow Robi’s eyes and mouth to respond to words and movement. His eyes can glow red, yellow, green and blue, while his mouth will glow red.
- Speech-recognition Board: Sophisticated speech recognition board programmed to understand different phrases and reply appropriately. Speaks around 200 phrases (Japanese only)
- Microcontroller Board: The high-performance microcontroller board controls important functions such as Robi’s motion and reactions.
- Speaker: Robi’s chest includes a miniature speaker for his spoken responses.
- Remote-control Module: Emits infrared signals like a remote control to operate compatible TV sets.
- Motion Sensors: Robi’s motion sensors detect human presence and will turn his face in response to movement.
- Servo Motors: Robi’s movements are controlled by a total of 20 servos. They use the Robi-servo command system to ensure smooth movement, and have simple, robust wiring connections.
- Dual-purpose ‘Scarf’: Robi’s light-blue scarf functions as a convenient handle for lifting him without damage to his joints and internal wiring.
- Timer: Robi can count down a specified number of minutes, and then tell you when the time is up.
- Cleaning: Robi can use his feet to polish a tabletop or hard floor surface.
- Security Setting: Robi can be set to ask for a password and respond with an alert if he gets the wrong answer
- Game Mode: Robi knows how to play a variety of games, including ‘soccer’ and quizzes.
- Battery Charging: When Robi’s batteries begin to run low, he says ‘I’m hungry’ to let you know. Then all you need to do is turn on his charging seat, so Robi can start to recharge.
- No programming required
- Instructions: Japanese (with images)
Suitable for kids above the age of 6. Parental supervision is recommended for younger children as there are small parts.